1. How did Bennett model himself after Jerome Robbins?
2. What was the first Broadway show Bennett saw at age 11?
3. _______ was Bennett’s longtime collaborator.
4. Name a few Broadway shows Bennett directed and/or choreographed?
5. Who organized the 1974 tape sessions that later developed into A Chorus Line?
6. The musical’s story, lyrics, design and choreography were created through revisions and collaborations through what is now called the ___________.
7. What shows did Bennett direct after A Chorus Line?
8. What awards did Bennett receive for A Chorus Line?
9. Who created the music for A Chorus Line?
10. Bennett died of ______ at age_____.
1. He crafted historically and psychologically realistic characters, using existing dance styles to reflect an individual’s world. ; 2. Fosse’s The Pajama Game; 3.
Bob Avian; 4. Promises, Promises, Company, Follies, Seesaw, A Chorus Line and Dreamgirls; 5. Michon Peacock and Tony Stevens; 6. workshop production; 7.
Ballroom and Dreamgirls; 8. Two Tony Awards two Drama Desk Awards, the 1976 Pulitzer Prize and the 1976 Dance Magazine Award; 9. Marvin Hamlisch; 10. AIDS, 44.
Photo by Friedman-Abeles, courtesy of Dance Magazine Archives