Happy Halloween, DT readers! Every year, as the spookiest of holidays rolls around, I’m impressed with the humor and creativity of dancers’ Halloween costumes. This year was no exception. Enjoy a roundup of some of our favorite 2016 Halloween looks.
- Divas to the dance floor please! ABT principals Isabella Boylston and James Whiteside had a diva dance-off in company class as Sylvie Guillem and Natalia Makarova.
- ABT royalty Sascha Radetsky and Stella Abrera enchant and amuse as John Lennon and Yoko Ono. Can you imagine?
- Watch out for the Suicide Squad! “Dancing with the Stars” pros Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd are terrifying as the Joker and Harley Quinn.
- Houston Ballet’s Harper Watters goes for the gold as dynamite gymnast Simone Biles. We also love Rhys Kosakowski’s take on The Sims.
- Dressed as company alum Ethan Stiefel, ABT soloist Cassandra Trenary impresses with a Center Stage moment—one-upping Charlie with a double tour.
Have a happy Halloween, and don’t miss a single issue of Dance Teacher.