Okay, so we’re using the term “dance” loosely here. We know. But there’s no way we’re going to not talk about dancing sharks. Here are our favorites:
1. Did you see the men in black stealthily working the legs of the giant tiger-lion Katy Perry rode in on? So Lion King, right? (Also, did that liger remind anyone of the giant sand liger from Aladdin? I kept waiting for it to growl, “WHO DARES DISTURB MY SLUMBER?”)
2. Chess-piece dancers who do back flips. Standing back tucks are nothing to scoff at, but standing back tucks while wearing a stiff, geometric horse headpiece? Whoa.
3. Dancing sharks, surfboards, beach balls and bathing suit–clad ladies. Need we say more? (Maybe just a bit more—they even lip-synched!)
4. Missy Elliott’s hip-hop backup dancers. They came, they danced, they conquered. If only they’d been slightly more visible!
5. Those ubiquitous ball dancers! It took me a full three seconds to realize that there were people holding those multicolored orbs up. Lots of people with rhythm + well-used props = magical effects.