Cleaning competition numbers is a process—and a difficult one at that. Making your dancers look cohesive without draining them of their passion and individuality can feel like an impossible task.
Here are some tips and tricks that may make it easier for you!
1. Break down the number, eight count by eight count.
2. Write your corrections down on paper while watching the number, so you remember everything that needs to be addressed.
3. Clean heads and arms separately from the rest of the movement.
4. Reference previous competition videos to see what the dancers do when the pressure mounts (i.e. rush the music).
5. Don't over-clean; you'll take the life out of everything.