Happy International Women's Day, everybody!! So many of you dance teachers are bold, brave, beautiful women hustlin' to make your dreams come true, and we're SO proud to be celebrating YOU! To add to the festivities, we thought we would share quotes from 14 exceptional ladies that will make you extra proud to be a woman. You're gonna love it!
Check 'em out, people!!
1. "I am a woman phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, that's me." ―Maya Angelou
2. "Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world." —Harriet Tubman
3. "Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement." —Helen Keller
4. "Women are the real architects of society." —Harriet Beecher Stowe
5. "Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputations can never effect a reform." —Susan B. Anthony
6. "When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful." —Malala Yousafzai
7. "A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman." —Melinda Gates
8. "I believe in women, especially thinking women." —Emmeline B. Wells
9. "To all the little girls who are watching, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams." —Hillary Clinton
10. "It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I'm not going to be silent." —Madeleine Albright
11. "What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make." —Jane Goodall
12. "A strong woman is a woman determined to do something others are determined not to be done." —Marge Piercy
13. "The difference between a broken community and a thriving one is the presence of women who are valued." —Michelle Obama
14. "I think the best role models for women are people who are fruitfully and confidently themselves, who bring light into the world." —Meryl Streep